Traditional metal braces look almost natural on our children, but as we grow up, most adults (and even late teens) would rather avoid braces.
However, we all still want straight teeth! We may even need corrections to misaligned bites or uneven teeth in order to protect our long-term dental health. What can we do?
Invisalign® treatment is a brilliant solution. It uses nearly invisible clear aligners to gently move teeth into their optimal positions. The system is more comfortable to use than metal braces. If you’re looking for an orthodontic alternative, contact Johnny Smith DMD today.
What Can You Expect from Invisalign® Clear Aligners?
This orthodontic treatment uses a series of custom-made clear aligners that gradually but efficiently move teeth to correct bite problems, unevenness, and other orthodontic issues. Here’s the typical process you can expect:
- Consultation and Exam: We’ll first make sure that your teeth are ready for Invisalign® treatment. After a 3-D scan, we’ll know if this treatment will meet your goals.
- Fabrication: We’ll send your scans to an Invisalign® lab to have a series of aligner trays created for you. They’ll be customized for your exact teeth, bite, and orthodontic needs.
- Placing Aligners: You’ll soon come in for another appointment. We’ll help you put in your first aligners—a simple action you’ll learn to do on your own—and give you a series of aligners to use after the initial set.
- Wearing Aligners: You’ll keep your aligners on your teeth most of the time, but you’ll take them out when you eat. You can also pop them out quickly for a picture or while you’re brushing your teeth.
- Swapping Aligners: Every two weeks, you’ll get rid of your current pair of aligners and begin using the next set of aligners in the series. You’ll also visit us occasionally to get more aligners and to have a progress check.
Using Invisalign® clear aligners is simple enough for anyone to do. Even busy adults can add it to their lives and make it into an easy habit.
Get the Comfortable Alternative to Metal Braces
Our patients love Invisalign® clear aligners because there’s no metal to cut the gums and lips. Because clear aligners use gentle pressure, you will not experience the ache of tightening braces.
Invisalign gently moves teeth into ideal positions in about a year! Plus, your friends and colleagues won’t be distracted by metal brackets and wires.
If you’re excited about getting straighter teeth—or want them for your teen or grandchild—contact Johnny Smith DMD today!