If you are looking for a dentist that offers teeth cleaning in Peoria, Arizona, Johnny Smith Dental provides exceptional care to keep your teeth looking their best. Not only does regular teeth cleaning enhance your smile by whitening your teeth, but it also improves your oral health.
What is Teeth Cleaning?
Teeth cleaning is the process used by dental hygienists to remove plaque, tartar, and leftover food particles from your teeth. The process is typically painless and is an excellent way to examine your oral health and make sure there are no problems.
What are the Benefits of Teeth Cleaning?
Regular teeth cleaning is an important part of oral care. Having your teeth cleaned twice a year at a dental clinic improves your oral health in the following ways.
• Freshens breath: Poor oral hygiene can lead to chronic bad breath. Having your teeth cleaned professionally leaves you with minty fresh breath.
• Prevents cavities: While regular brushing is the first line of defense against cavities, you can still miss small particles of food. A professional cleaning strips away
buildup to keep your teeth strong and healthy.
• Brightens your smile: Teeth cleaning is one of the best ways to whiten your teeth. The effects are often more noticeable and last longer than using regular whitening
• Prevents tooth loss: Inadequate oral care can cause your teeth to decay to the point where they must be removed. By keeping teeth clean, you reduce the possibility of losing them due to decay.
What is the Process of Teeth Cleaning?
While many people dread having their teeth cleaned due to the uncomfortable sounds and scraping, the benefits far outweigh the cons. Knowing what to expect during your visit may help alleviate any discomfort you have, so you can expect the following steps when having your teeth cleaned.
1. Your dentist examines your teeth for cavities and other potential problems.
2. Your dentist scrapes your teeth to remove plaque and tartar.
3. Your dentist brushes your teeth with toothpaste.
4. Your dentist flosses between your teeth.
5. You rinse your mouth and swish a fluoride treatment to protect your teeth.
What Should You Expect?
Teeth cleaning is usually a painless process, but you may experience slight sensitivity for a few hours after having them cleaned. The procedure is quick and leaves noticeable results by whitening your teeth and freshening breath.
If you want excellent Peoria dental care, contact Johnny Smith Dental DMD for a consultation.