If you’re having unusual tooth pain, you may need a cleaning or a root canal, but you might need an extraction. A tooth has to be extracted sometimes, even though we work hard to prevent dental problems from advancing.
When you realize you have tooth pain, call Johnny Smith DMD right away. We need to move quickly in order to prevent the problem and the pain from getting worse.
Once the tooth is out, you should feel a lot better! You’ll also be ready for a restorative option to replace your tooth and get your life back to normal.
What Leads to a Tooth Extraction?
We see several common challenges that lead to tooth extractions. Some of these challenges include:
- Impacted Teeth: This involves a tooth growing in and being stopped by an obstacle, such as gums, bone, or another tooth. This often happens to wisdom teeth.
- Accidents: Accidental damage may cause you to be unable to use your tooth normally. Unfortunately, some teeth can’t be restored and must come out.
- Decay or Infection: These processes can weaken the structure of the tooth so much that it loses its function and should no longer be in your mouth. Extracting it can also stop the infection from moving to other teeth.
- Dental Crowding: As a tooth grows, it may damage or move other teeth. Extracting a tooth can keep it from damaging your other teeth.
- Wisdom Tooth Growth: We’ll periodically check your wisdom teeth to see if they’re becoming impacted or causing crowding. Dr. Smith can extract them to prevent serious problems from developing.
Dental extractions can relieve pain and prevent damage from spreading. With our high-quality restorative dentistry options, we can then replace your tooth and quickly renew your beautiful smile.
Make an Appointment for an Extraction Now
If you’re in the midst of a serious dental problem, we’ll get you the first appointment we can to relieve your pain. Plus, we’ll make the procedure as comfortable and anxiety-free as possible.
Call today for compassionate and experienced care at Johnny Smith DMD. Get rid of pain and restore your smile as soon as possible!