Do you have a damaged tooth or a missing tooth? Crowns and bridges are amazing restorative solutions that can make a damaged tooth look as good as new or replace a missing tooth with a great-looking new one.
Dr. Smith loves to help his neighbors in the Peoria area to restore their smiles. If you are struggling with chewing or smiling because of dental pain, call Johnny Smith DMD for an examination.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a tooth cap that covers the chewing surface and sides of a tooth. A crown is made of a durable material that lets you chew normally again.
Our dental crowns can be made of:
- Porcelain: Many patients like porcelain crowns because they look like natural tooth enamel. They even gleam like real teeth. They’re also strong enough to last for many years.
- Zirconia: This is a new advancement that we’re proud to offer. By blending zirconia and porcelain together, we can make a strong crown that still blends in with your natural teeth.
Both materials are great choices for this versatile restoration. Crowns can be used in many ways, including:
- Strengthening and protecting cracked teeth.
- Supporting damaged or decayed teeth.
- Completing a smile that is missing a tooth or sporting a damaged tooth.
- Protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy.
If you need to repair a damaged tooth or want to aesthetically improve a tooth, contact Dr. Smith about dental crowns.
What Are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a small appliance that holds a new, custom-made tooth or even a few teeth. If you are missing a tooth, the bridge holds your new tooth in place in the gap.
How? Well, it’s called a bridge because we attach it to the teeth on both sides of the gap. Those are like the shores on a river, and the bridge goes across it. The new tooth is in the middle of the bridge.
Having a new tooth or teeth can be a big advantage aesthetically while also being important to your health. You’ll be able to smile more confidently, and chewing normally again will improve your nutrition. It can also help prevent uneven tooth wear, shifting, and infections.
Contact Dr. Smith for a Crown or Bridge
When you get a crown or bridge from Johnny Smith DMD, we’ll make sure it matches the color of the rest of your smile. That means it’ll blend in beautifully while working as perfectly as a natural tooth.
Contact us today for the restorative dentistry services you need.